Due to the 3rd national lockdown that is currently in place we have made some changes to services and facilities within Library & Learning Services and Catalyst.
As a temporary measure we have replaced our usual reservation service with a Click and Collect Service. This allows you to place reservations on available items through the Library Catalogue. You will receive a notification when your request is ready and then all you need to do is collect it from the reservation shelf in Catalyst and issue to your account using our self-issue machine. You can monitor your request via the My Account function in the library catalogue. Our book stock remains open for you to browse if you are on campus and using Catalyst.
We have reviewed our opening times and during the lockdown Catalyst will be open 8am – 8pm weekdays and 10am – 6pm at weekends. We will continue to review our opening times.
We have reviewed our risk assessments and due to the 3rd national lockdown and the new, highly transmittable variant of Covid-19 it is now mandatory to wear a face covering at all times in public areas of Catalyst (unless you are exempt). This includes whilst studying at a desk or PC, borrowing books and moving around the building.
Staff will be monitoring this, and you will be approached if you are not wearing a mask or a pink lanyard. We ask that you support us in following this guideline by wearing your face covering at all times and show understanding to our staff.
Government guidance states that areas should be kept well ventilated therefore you will notice that windows will be open in Catalyst. We know it may get chilly but we ask that you do not shut the windows. Please bear in mind that it may be cold and bring an extra layer or two if you are planning to study. Staff will periodically open windows throughout the day, please be understanding to our staff.
University Community Pledge
We will continue to ask all students and staff to abide by our Community Pledge.
We are asking each and every individual to agree to:
- Fully adhere to official Public Health guidance in relation to Covid-19.
- Protect myself and others by maintaining appropriate physical distance and hygiene.
- Unless exempt, wear a face-covering when and where required to do so.
- Not attend University if they feel unwell with, or if I have been in close proximity to others with, Covid-19 symptoms or who have tested positive for the virus.
- Raise and respond to concerns of Covid-inappropriate behaviour in an open, constructive and respectful manner and, if necessary, adjust their behaviour to be in line with Public Health and University guidelines.
Thank you from Library and Learning Services