As we approach the start of the new term, we understand that this year the transition to a blended learning model may feel a little different. In response to staff needs and developments in delivery styles and technology, we have scheduled some new and exciting sessions to support you and your students.
These sessions, delivered by the LTD Team, aim to enhance your digital skills and empower your learning and teaching.
- Microsoft Teams (Part 1) – Thursday 15th October (1pm-2pm)
- Microsoft Teams (Part 2) – Friday 16th October (11am-12pm)
- How to Deliver Engaging and Creative Presentations Online *New* – Tuesday 27th October (12pm-1pm)
- Using Padlet to Facilitate Discussion and Interaction with Students *New* – Thursday 29th October (12pm-1pm)
- Digital Tools to Facilitate a Flipped Classroom – Wednesday 21st October (1pm-2pm)
- Learn how to ‘Beautify’ your Blackboard *New* – Thursday 24th September (11am-12pm) and Friday 25th September (1pm-2pm )
- Making Documents Accessible – Thursday 24th September (1pm-2pm) and Tuesday 20th October (11am-12pm)
- Achievements within the Blackboard, planning, implementing and monitoring *New* – Thursday 24th September (12:30pm-13:30pm)
- Portfolio tools in Learning Edge: Using Journals and Blackboard Portfolios *New* – Wednesday 21st October (1pm-2pm)
Using Microsoft Teams with Students (Part 3) *New*
Due to the demand and popularity of Microsoft Teams, this session will specifically consider how to use Microsoft Teams with students, including:
- how to schedule and deliver online sessions
- how to share your screen and audio
- how to use the whiteboard function
- how to boost interaction with the ‘Chat’ feature
- how to set up private channels for group work/individual discussion
- how to use breakout rooms (coming end of September)
This session will also be an opportunity to share best practice and generate ideas.
Thursday 8th October (11am-12pm)
Using Blackboard Collaborate with Students *New*
This session will cover the basics of using Blackboard Collaborate for teaching and learning. Staff will learn how to setup a session within a module and be introduced to the Collaborate interface. At the end of the session academics will have a good understanding of the set-up procedure, options for joining a session, managing participants and be familiar with the Collaborate room interface and tools for sharing content.
Monday 5th October (12pm-1pm)
Microsoft Teams – Drop In
This drop in session on Microsoft Teams will provide staff with the opportunity to come with any questions about how to use the platform, both with staff and with students. Thursday 22nd July (12pm-2pm)
Blackboard Ultra Navigation Drop-In Session for Academics
Are you unsure about how the new Blackboard home page works? We’ll be here to answer your questions. Friday 25th September (1pm-2pm)
All sessions can be booked via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Sessions will take place via Microsoft Teams or Blackboard Collaborate – full details/instructions will be provided.