After the success of all the previous #EHUGetConnected events held in 2013, we are happy to announce more upcoming dates across different venues and locations for the coming weeks ahead:
- 11am – 2pm Friday, 31st January 2014 (HUB, Ormskirk Campus)
- 9am – 1pm Tuesday, 4th February 2014 (FOHSC Foyer, Ormskirk Campus)
- 9am – 1pm Wednesday, 5th February 2014 (FOHSC CPD, Aintree Campus)
If you’ve never come along to one previously then you are in for treat! #EHUGetConnected gives you the chance to speak to our team of knowledgeable staff to help get the best out of your technology and the learning resources at your disposal. Every year there are new and exciting upgrades to our systems, pushing the boundaries of online learning and communication. In 2014 we will again be promoting and showcasing our favorite selection of mobile apps, campus WiFi connectivity and our learning resource ‘hall of fame’. This time we will be featuring the new Community Engagement upgrade within Learning Edge and show you how it can enhance your online learning practice.
Here are just a few examples of questions we can help you with:
General ‘How can I…?’
- connect to WiFi on campus?
- find a PC to use?
- book a study room?
- forward my Edge Hill emails to a personal account?
On my mobile (eReader/laptop/phone/tablet) ‘how can I…?’
- sync my emails?
- easily log into Learning Edge?
- get the course notifications I want?
- access my lecture notes?
- search the library catalogue?
- download journal articles and eBooks?
- annotate journal articles or lecture notes?
- save shortcuts to the library and my subject pages?
- watch videos or listen to podcasts?
- find useful apps?
In the library ‘how can I…?’
- search for resources?
- find online journals and articles?
- access my reading list?
- reserve a book?
- build a reference using the Discover More ‘cite’ tool?
- save a link to an eResource so I can go straight back to it later?
- work out which databases are right for my subject?
In Learning Edge ‘how can I…?’
- change the way my course list is displayed?
- subscribe to discussion forums/threads so I know when a post has been made?
- set up my own online blogs/discussion forums/podcasts/social or study groups?
- find my grades and feedback?
Events taking place in the Faculty of Health and Social Care are tied in with the Faculty enrollment and induction day for the newest cohorts, but all current students and staff are welcome to come and ask any burning questions you may have about your devices, gadgets or gizmos. If you’re not at any of the campus locations on the day to speak to us in person, we have got that covered too! You can contact us during the event (and beyond) via our social media channels using the #EHUGetConnected hash-tag:
We would be delighted to talk to you about technology; let us demystify some of the things you’ve heard about but don’t know how to use, and let us help you get started using technologies maybe you haven’t even heard of yet!
See you there!