You have told us that not being able to get on a computer when you need to is very frustrating.
We are working hard to make sure that our customers know about the range of open access PCs as well as bookable rooms and access to lap tops….
1. In the University library
- Ground Floor: 4 bookable group rooms, 12 ‘express’ SunRay workstations mainly for Internet, email and library catalogue, ‘Quick print’ facility, 20 laptops available from the help desk.
- First Floor: 10 individual study rooms, 48 PCs, 2 PCs fitted with Zoomtext software.
- Second floor: 10 individual study rooms, 40 PCs, 30 SunRay workstations.
2. In the LINC
- Ground floor: 94 PCs (47 of which are available 24/7 with your UniCard)
- First floor: 90 PCs in IT1, IT2 and IT3 – for use when not timetabled for teaching.
3. Bookable study areas
The library has 20 individual study rooms and 4 group study rooms, all with a networked PC. Study rooms and group rooms are bookable via the Learning Services booking area on Blackboard.
4. Wireless network/Laptops
Connect to the University’s wireless network – you can use your own laptop to connect or borrow a laptop, for use in the library, from the ground floor help desk.
5. IT classrooms
There are many IT classrooms on campus that you can access when they are not being used for teaching. Check out the digital screens in the Library and LINC for further information.
Help and advice
Help desk staff will provide support with all your library and student IT queries. You can contact us at any help desk in the University Library or LINC building, phone our telephone support line (01695 584286) or email [email protected]