Examination and deadline periods can be a very demanding time of the year. You’re putting in a lot of study hours to stay on top of your revision whilst trying to maintain a good work-life balance. We know it can feel intense at times so let us remove some of the pressure by outlining some of the help and support available to you this exam/deadline season. (It may sound cheesy, but remember, we’re here for YOU).
Food for thought
One of the most important things you can do during exam periods is to keep hydrated throughout the day and make sure you eat plenty of healthy snacks to keep your energy levels up.
And so every weekday from 23rd April – 4th May our Student Advisor team will be giving out free fruit and bottled water to help keep you focussed throughout the deadline period.
If you’re based at the Aintree or Manchester campuses, there will be water and healthy snack available at the main helpdesk.
There is a huge range of face to face and virtual support available to you:
- You can find a wealth of tips and guides your ‘My Library’ tab in Learning Edge . Check out the playlist of revision tips on Lynda.com for help with time management, speed reading, note-taking and much more.
- UniSkills workshops – It isn’t too late to book on to some of the remaining Uniskills Workshops which include workshops to help you with exam preparation, academic writing, dissertations, searching for resources and proofreading strategies!
- Drop-in and speak to a member of the Student Engagement Team at the Ask Desk from 11am-2pm. Did you know you can also book an appointment with the team for help finding resources or help with academic writing?
- Peer to peer support – put your questions to a fellow student! Our Student Advisors are based at the Ask Desk from 11-4pm every weekday. You can also take inspiration from Edge Hill student blogs and find out some top tips from other students!
- Don’t forget, you can also find useful resources through our library catalogue including books and ebooks about Study Skills and Revision Techniques . If you are studying off-campus, you can access our digital library – all things electronic – from anywhere
Finding a quiet place to work…
The University library is open 24/7 throughout the exam period. Within the library you will find a range of study zones, networked PCs, laptop loans and free Wi-Fi (eduroam), printing and photocopying facilities, access to over 200,000 items including books, journals and audio-visual resources and access to help and support at our library help desk.
To help you find a quiet place to revise, we have a silent study area with easy access to resources or you could book one of the individual study rooms if you want some space to yourself.
There are computers available in LINC building (building number 10 on the campus map) 24 hours a day, all year round which you can access using your student UniCard. Take advantage of our PC Availability app to locate free PCs in the Library and Linc building.
Further help and support
For further help please don’t hesitate to get in touch! You can contact us in a number of ways:
- Contact Learning Services via our 24/7 Live Chat
- Search our knowledge base Ask Us for the answer to many common queries including using Turnitin, Harvard Referencing and much more.
- Give us a call on 01695 650800 during our opening hours
- Tweet us or send us a facebook message