During the hectic rush of assignments and present buying during the Christmas period, please don’t forget you can contact Learning Services 24/7 through our live chat facility even when the library help desks aren’t staffed, our live chat team are available for you via http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/ls/live-chat/.
You can also access our Ask Us searchable knowledge base http://askus.edgehill.ac.uk/ which includes hundreds of answers on subjects such as academic writing, Turnitin and Harvard referencing amongst many others. If you can’t find an answer to your question, then just fill in the form and we’ll answer your question ASAP, we’ll also add our answer to the searchable knowledge base, if this could assist others.
For anything else you can always use our Learning Services web pages http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/ls/ which is full of helpful information about assignment assistance and other services and support Learning Services offer.
In response to student feedback from the last academic year, Learning Services have made some improvements to maximise the availability of media equipment and improve your experience of using the media kit.
- Any booked equipment to be picked up by mid-day to assist in increasing usage and availability.
- A testing area to allow full checks of the kit prior to going on location
- We have a technician on hand at the library welcome desk if you wish to ask any questions or report any equipment faults, just ask for Jim.
- New media brochures detailing all available equipment – if you don’t have one just ask at the Welcome desk in the Library.
- Media equipment requests need to be made at least three days in advance now includes all non-standard loans to give you the best chance of securing equipment for the duration of your shoot.
- An online form to request renewals.
- Forms have been included in the equipment bags should you wish to offer any feedback about anything, just pass the form in to the Welcome desk as you return the kit.
Please be aware that our Ask Us knowledge base will have a period of downtime between 4pm – 7pm on Tuesday the 2nd September. The system will be going through an upgrade and this downtime will allow Ask Us to provide further enhancements to us all, such as how you search and find answers about all things Learning Services, also improving how you’re able to share our information with your friends and colleagues.
We’ll be monitoring the system throughout Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning ensuring all systems come back on line.
If you have any enquiries which you’d like to direct at Learning Services during the downtime period, please feel free to email email@example.com or call 01695 650800 and we’ll look to assist in any way we can.
Help & Support Manager
While we make our way onto the finishing straight of this academic year (for most), don’t forget that you can Ask Us questions and get access to around 200 questions and answers to help support you during your studies. You can find these answers here at http://askus.edgehill.ac.uk/index.php which holds our ever growing knowledge base.
Even if you can’t find an answer to your question, you can email, text or live chat with us to get the answer or direction you need.
Our response times were recently benchmarked against other UK Universities showing on average we respond almost 3 times faster than anyone else and last month’s average response time was even faster at 3h 46 minutes!
The site and answers are available 24hrs a day, anytime you need them.