Welcome back to the second blog of our UniSkills Focus On… series. This month we are looking at the business resource Statista. Statista is a world leading source of market and consumer data and statistics and is a fantastic resource for students across all programmes of study!
What does Statista offer?
Statista is a market intelligence platform which combines research with information, from sources such as World Bank, YouGov, GfK and Kantar, to give organisations (and now you!) a wide range of insights.
The Statista portal gives you access to 1 million statistics from over 170 industries and 80,000 topics from 22,500 sources across 177 multidisciplinary categories – that’s a LOT of data and information!
Types of business information available include:
- Dossiers, industry & country reports, outlook reports
- 41,000 external studies
- 400,000 market forecasts
- Digital Market Outlook, Consumer Market Outlook, Mobility Market Outlook, Country Outlook, Technology Market Outlook
- Global Consumer Survey
- Sources database incl. further information on our primary sources
- Publication Finder Full source details and citation function
Benefits of using Statista
Using Statista offers several advantages, including:
- If you’re looking for business data, it will save you time
- The data is high quality
- The search interface is intuitive and user friendly – there are filters to limit your search to particular sources, regions, countries, industries or by date range
- You can download the data in PDF, PNG, PowerPoint or Excel formats
- There is an attractive infographic feature which displays data in a visually appealing way
How to access Statista
Further Help and Support
If you need any further help or support finding, accessing or getting the most out of your resources head over the UniSkills web pages. From here you can access lots more information, toolkits and video tutorials, book on a UniSkills workshop and even book a 1-2-1 appointment.
That’s it for this month, we’ll be back in November as we explore SAGE.