Catalyst is a particularly pleasant place at the moment – cheery help desk staff, students smiling at one another, it’s as though the whole building is enveloped in a bubble of loveliness! We can’t quite put our finger on it, but we think it might be something to do with national #LoveYourLibrary month.
If you hadn’t noticed, since the start of February we’ve had a little digital celebration of all things Library. While our ‘Spotlight On…’ blog series has been showcasing lesser-known facts about your favourite study space, this week we will be going all in with special Student Advisor-led workshops, social media competitions and more.
To kick things off, our wonderful Student Advisors have decked out the ground floor desk space with an aptly-timed Valentines themed display. Think heart balloons, book ‘couples’, and enough red sequins to prompt a romantic proposal. If that weren’t enough, we’ve also set up a whopping 2-ways-to-enter competition with prizes for every entrant (while stocks last). We told you there was something in the air…
The first way to get your name in the pot for this year’s most coveted competition is to visit the event desk space and have a go at guessing the location of our list of famous libraries. Do you know your Bodleian from your St Marks? Are you search savvy enough on Google to find out?
Alternatively, keep your beady eyes peeled for an #EHULoveYourLibrary heart poking out from one of the Catalyst bookshelves. Simply tweet a picture of your discovery to @EHULearnService including the hashtag and we will take care of the rest. The prize you ask? Check out our heart-themed hamper below…
You also don’t want to miss our #LoveYourLibrary month book recommendations display. Not only have the Student Engagement Team been busy reviewing their top-picks from our very own Library Catalogue, but they’ve also paired some books they think go together better than Edge and Hill. We apologise in advance for inspiring you to use up all your book allowance!
Finally, make sure to book a space on our Student Advisor-led workshop ‘Getting the most out of ‘My Library’ here: bit.ly/2EtXwHD
This hands-on session will show you everything you need to know about navigating our online tab. Whether you need to download the referencing guide or access subject specific journals, your Advisors will be on hand to answer or signpost any of your burning questions.
So don’t hold back, there’s plenty of ways to get involved with #LoveYourLibrary month and show Catalyst how much you care.
#LoveYourLibrary Competition Terms and conditions
- Only EHU Students are eligible to win prizes, EHU staff may enter but are not eligible to win a prize.
- To collect your goody bag for entering you will need to bring evidence of your competition entry to Catalyst Help Desk and quote ‘UniSkills competition’.
- Twitter competition entries must contain the hashtag #EHULoveYourLibrary with the heart(s) visible in the image.
- The prize will be given to the owner of the Tweet or student number on the ‘Famous Libraries’ competition slip.
- You may tweet as many times as you wish to share your heart, but only one entry (per method of entering) will be entered into the final prize draw.
- The winner will be contacted through their Twitter or student email account.
- The winners will be picked at random from a prize draw on Tuesday 19th February 2018.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- All winners must be able to collect the prize from Catalyst Help Desk and be able to provide evidence/ID that they have won before we can hand over the prize.
- Prizes must be collected by 5pm on Tuesday 26thFebruary 2019.
- If anyone cannot be contacted or prizes are not collected by Tuesday 26th February the entry will become null and void and a re-draw will take place.