In January 2017 we had our annual Customer Service Excellence visit and we are delighted to share that not only are we still fully compliant in all elements of the CSE framework, the assessor awarded us 7 compliance pluses for our innovative work in the following areas:
- The ‘On Location’ initiative; taking our services and expertise across campus
- Learning at Work Week; a chance for our staff to learn, develop and share skills with colleagues from across the Service
- The development of a pre-entry course; Stepping Up To Edge Hill was the University’s first pre-entry course to support English and Creative Writing students with the transition to University
- Our UX work around the My Library Tab, Discover More and the Library Catalogue; a number of improvements have been made to our online resources making it easier for customers to find the resources they need
- Our #WillonCampus campaign and the work of the social media squad; our #WillonCampus campaign won the CILIP Social Media Award in 2016
- Our use of SnapChat; the first University library in the UK to use SnapChat to engage with customers
- Our use of Blackboard Collaborate; using an online classroom environment for staff training and development
We have now been award holders since 2005 and have been awarded 19 compliance pluses over those 12 years!
If you would like to know more about Customer Service Excellence please do get in touch.
Helen Jamieson, Customer Services Manager