Support for students and staff studying at a partner college or outreach venue can vary depending on what type of partnership it is. To put it simply, there are different levels of support in place for students and staff at partner institutions.

All students, regardless of the type of partner, receive access to our e-resources (books, journals and databases) and can come on campus to borrow books from any of our site libraries; as can staff who are teaching on Edge Hill courses but are employed by partner institutions. Students can also come on campus to access support in relation to general study skills or support for specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.

Sticking to the definitions in the university Quality Management Handbook, category F (Franchised) and category C (Outreach Supported Learning Centres) partners, provide the information and learning resources as well as support for students locally on the partners’ campus. The role of Learning Services is to provide training, development and support material to staff in partner libraries to enable them to offer this support.

Category B partners (Outreach Learning Venues) are those where the university is responsible for the support of the students and providing access to information resources. This means that in addition to access to e-resources Learning Services provides a postal loan facility for students to borrow books. We would also support students with additional learning needs through the process of assessment and offer guidance on applications for funding via Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA).

I know this might seem complicated but if you would like further information or clarification then please have a look at our wiki or get in touch with Dawn McLoughlin at [email protected].

Dawn McLoughlin

Academic Support Manager