From planning your time to referencing correctly, we offer support and guidance help you develop the skills you need to succeed at University. We cover a range of essential skills including:
- Finding high quality information sources
- Effective reading and note-making
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Structuring your assignments clearly and logically
- Writing in an appropriate academic style
- Using evidence and referencing your sources
- Making the most of the ICT tools available to you
We do this in three ways:
1. We work with tutors to deliver classroom sessions at key times during your course
2. We run drop-in sessions and group workshops focusing on specific aspects of academic skills
3. We offer one-to-one sessions with an academic skills advisor or librarian for tailored advice on improving your work and finding the resources you need
And remember, you don’t have to be struggling to make use of our support – whatever you want to achieve, we can help you fulfil your potential.
Look out for our drop-in sessions and workshops advertised through the GO Portal, or call in at the Inclusive Services desk on the first floor of the University Library (phone 01695 584372).
Academic Liaison Manager – Faculty of Arts and Sciences