We all agree that Catalyst is kind of a big thing on campus, right? Packed full of specialist support teams, learning resources and spaces to study; it’s your one-stop-shop for student support.
With so much on offer we have a lot to tell you about, but… how do you want us to tell you about it?
- Can we (sweet) talk to you about the great support available?
- Do you swipe right on our socials?
- Would you ghost us if we slid in your DMs to tell you about the latest events happening in Catalyst?
Well, for the next four weeks this is your opportunity to tell us!
Who are WE?
We are Catalyst specialist student support teams. And we are dedicated to giving you the help you need to thrive at University and beyond!
Explore the teams:
Library and Learning Services
UniSkills | SpLD | Catalyst Helpdesk | TechSkills | Discover More | Reading for Pleasure | Online Learning | Subject Resources | Reading Lists
Student Wellbeing | Student Life | Student Support | Money Advice | Inclusion | Accommodation* | Campus Life| Faith and Community
Career Advice | Skills Development | Employment | Volunteering | Extra Edge | Postgraduate Study
*Okay, technically the Accommodation team are part of Facilities Management… but we love them so much they are an honorary Catalyst member for the purposes of this consultation!
Why do we want to know?
As a central student support service (or three) we appreciate there is always a lot happening in Catalyst and we are guilty of having a lot to say, across a wide range of channels. The Catalyst Communications Survey is part of a wider project exploring how we can improve our digital communications with students. So, we naturally want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
Firstly, you’ll be helping to shape and develop the way we communicate with you and your fellow students. Your feedback will help guide how we reach you, in a way you want, with the information you need!
And, more importantly, as a thank you for providing your feedback, you’ll be eligible to win up to £200* to spend pretty much however you like! This is a special one-off opportunity to take home such a fantastic prize, thanks to the underpinning support of all three student support services collaborative funding – don’t miss out!
*First prize £200 and two runner up prizes of £50. All prizes are awarded as a voucher of your choice – terms and conditions apply!
How can you take part?
The Catalyst Communications Survey is open for four weeks and there are lots of ways you can get involved and give your feedback!
Confess your Catalyst Crush | Monday 13 to Friday 17 February | Daily 12-2pm | Catalyst Event Space
Join your Student Advisors all week as they launch the survey and invite you to take part in some fun feedback activities in the Catalyst event space. You can vote in a physical poll, leave your love note for Catalyst on our feedback wall or take a mindful break to help us build the Catalyst jigsaw!
Catch up with your Campus Connectors | Monday 13 February to Friday 10 March | Across Ormskirk and Manchester St James
Look out for your Campus Connectors throughout the consultation period as they will be popping up at the Student Arch in the HUB; knocking on your Halls doors; and giving you that Friday feeling at Manchester St James’. Your Campus Connectors are an excellent source of information and advice and will be able to tell you more about the survey and support available from the Catalysts teams!
Take your #NextSteps to Academic Success | Monday 13 February to Friday 10 March | Daily 12-2pm | Catalyst Event Space
You will have a final opportunity to take part in the physical poll during this week of targeted UniSkills support hosted by your Student Advisors. Drop-in all week, take your next steps to academic success and have a chat with them about your comms preferences!
Complete the survey | ehu.ac.uk/CatalystSurvey
Ultimately, jump right in and complete the survey! It’s open until midnight on Friday 10 March and should take no longer than 3 minutes to complete. A very small ask for the opportunity to win big!
How can you keep updated?
We will be talking about the survey, the prize draw and (of course) about all our fabulous student support over on our socials – so make sure you’re giving us a follow:
So, whether you’ve got a Catalyst crush (or we’re giving you the ick) this is your chance to let us know!
*Terms and conditions
- Only current EHU Students are eligible to enter the prize draw and claim any prize.
- Prize draw entry opens at 9am on Monday 13 February 2023 and closes at midnight on Friday 10 March 2023.
- Only one entry per student will be eligible to be entered into the prize draw.
- The winners will be picked at random from a prize draw and contacted by Friday 31 March 2023.
- The winners will be contacted via their Edge Hill student email address.
- First prize is a £200 voucher of your choice and two runners up vouchers worth £50.
- Prize winners will be encouraged to select a voucher from an ethical, sustainable and/or local company – join us as we try our best to help save the planet!
- Vouchers must be available to purchase online as an eVoucher or locally to Ormskirk campus.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes must be claimed by 5pm on Friday 28 April 2023.
- If anyone cannot be contacted, or prizes are not claimed by deadline above, the entry will become null and void and a re-draw may take place.