A brand new year; a clean, fresh page in your academic journey; and a new adventure awaits you at Edge Hill University – how exciting! And all of us here in the Library and Learning Services (LS) support teams are equally as excited to meet you!
The good news is you don’t need to wait long to make our acquaintance. Visit us in the FOHSCM, in Catalyst, and online during your first weeks of term to hear all about the fantastic support, resources and facilities available to you as an Edge Hill student. And while you’re saying ‘hello’ you can also take part in our welcome competition!
What can you win?
You could be in with the chance of winning a voucher of your choice* up to the value of £50 or one of two runner up prizes of £25 each. And all you need to do is cast your vote!
What are you voting on?
It’s dead simple – you just need to tell us which social media platform you are most active on!
Why do we want to know?
We have so much great support, information and events we’d love to tell you all about – we are just checking in to make sure we are reaching you on the best social spaces!
How can you take part?
We will be popping up in the FOHSCM and Catalyst over the new two weeks (full details below) giving you the opportunity to cast your vote. There are 3 options (and 3 jars) to choose from, all you need to do is pick up an eco-friendly token from one of our team at the stand and pop it into the jar of your choice!
Where will you find us?
- Welcome Fair
Wednesday 25 January | 10:30am-2:30pm | Faculty of Health and Social Care and Medicine (FOHSCM)
- #FindYourFeet – Introduction to Library and academic (UniSkills) support at Edge Hill
Monday 30 January – Friday 3 February
Drop-in daily | 12pm-2pm | Catalyst Ground Floor Event Space
Book your place online daily| 3pm-4pm | Blackboard Collaborate
Are there any T&Cs?
Yes, we have listed the terms and conditions for the competition at the bottom of this blog!
What else do we need to know?
Only that we are actively trying to be much more sustainable in our student engagement activities this year. All the materials we have purchased are eco-friendly:
- Book Bags – made with 70% recycled cotton from off cuts and waste cotton and towels blended with 30% polyester, which comes from recycled plastic bottles!
- Pens – made from 100% natural resources and fully compostable at end of life – yes, even the ‘plastic’ parts, which are made from polylactic acid found naturally in corn starch, yucca or sugar cane!
- Voting Jars – made from glass (recyclable) with bamboo lids (reusable)
- Tokens – made from starch bioplastics and completely breakdown if exposed to elements
- Prizes – we are encouraging prize winners to select a sustainable and/or local company for their voucher
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our LS stands over the coming weeks, meet your support teams and cast your vote!
*Terms and conditions:
- Only EHU Students are eligible to enter and claim a prize.
- The competition opens at 9am on Monday 23 January 2023 and closes at midnight Sunday 5 February 2023.
- Only one entry per student will be eligible to be entered into the prize draw.
- The winners will be picked at random from a prize draw and contacted by Friday 17 February 2023.
- The winners will be contacted via their Edge Hill student email address.
- First prize is a £50 voucher of your choice and two runners up vouchers worth £25
- Prize winners will be encouraged to select a voucher from an ethical, sustainable and/or local company – join us as we try our best to help save the planet!
- Vouchers must be available to purchase online as an eVoucher or locally to Ormskirk campus.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes must be claimed by 5pm on Friday 31 March 2023.
- If anyone cannot be contacted, or prizes are not claimed by deadline above, the entry will become null and void and a re-draw may take place.