Did you know we have an exciting partnership with LinkedIn Learning? This means Edge Hill University students can benefit from full, free, unlimited access to thousands of high quality online courses and video tutorials written by industry experts. With so many to explore, we asked your Student Advisors for their LinkedIn Learning course recommendations, which can help you to further develop your skills – or even discover a new one!

an image of hands typing on a keyboard that says LinkedIn Learning is now available

Thomas

Tom smiling at the camera

Speaking Confidently and Effectively

I recommend this course as it has allowed me to develop myself not only career-wise but also in everyday life. I feel more confident with public speaking and better able to articulate my ideas. I have found it useful to keep returning back to and look forward to exploring more courses to help me grow personally, academically and professionally.

Darren

Darren in front of a bookcase

How to Speak So People Want to Listen 

This course is great for anyone with upcoming presentations or even for developing skills for future employment. It allows you to increase your confidence and delves deeper into how to keep your target audience entertained and interested throughout your conversation or presentation. The great thing about LinkedIn Learning is that you can complete the courses at your own pace from the comfort of your own home.

Michelle

Michelle smiling in front of some green trees

Critical Thinking

I’m here today to talk about a course on LinkedIn Learning I think you will find beneficial for completing your assessments. It’s called ‘Critical Thinking’, and while it’s from a business perspective, when the tutor talks about the problem you can replace that with the word assessment. It gives really good tips on how to structure an argument, so I highly recommend it to support your academic journey – good luck!

Eoin

Eoin smiling at the camera

Nano Tips for Presenting with Confidence

During your time at university there’s a good chance you’ll be asked to present your ideas rather than write an essay about them. For most people, including myself, this can be really daunting, but there are resources available to help you present with confidence. With LinkedIn Learning, you can access a range of courses to help boost your presentation skills. Personally, I like this one because it delivers bite-sized tips for improving every aspect of your delivery in a clear, direct way.

We hope these recommendations have inspired you to take the courses or even browse the LinkedIn Learning catalogue yourself! The new year is the perfect time to broaden your horizons by reflecting on your existing skills and those you might like to develop.

Plus, once you’ve completed a course, you can even add a badge to your LinkedIn profile. This is a fantastic way to stand out to future potential employers and keep track of your progress.

a mock up LinkedIn profile showing the LinkedIn Learning badges displayed

How to access LinkedIn Learning

You can access LinkedIn Learning via the LinkedIn Learning home page or using the LinkedIn Learning iOS app or Android app. An easy way to get an account set up is to go to the LinkedIn website, choose to ‘Sign in’ Then: ‘Sign in with your organization account’, and follow the instructions.

Please note, when you create an account with LinkedIn Learning, you will be sharing your Edge Hill username with the LinkedIn Corporation. More details about how your information is used by LinkedIn can be found in their Privacy Policy.

We hope you enjoy browsing all the exciting courses on offer. If you do earn a LinkedIn Learning badge, share your success with us @EHULearnService on Twitter ?

Happy LinkedIn Learning!