As sure as day follows night, the new academic year is upon us again and all the Library and Learning Services (LS) support teams are so excited to meet you! And the good news is you don’t need to wait long to make our acquaintance!
Visit us in the HUB, in Catalyst, and online during your first weeks of term to hear all about the fantastic LS support, resources and facilities available to you as an Edge Hill student. And, possibly even more excitingly, take part in our welcome competition!
What can you win?
This year you could be in with the chance of winning a voucher of your choice* up to the value of £50 or one of two runner up prizes of £25 each. And all you have to do is cast your vote!
What are you voting on?
Well, believe it or not, you’ll be voting on another prize opportunity!
Yes, that’s right! We want to hear what you would like to win! The way we are doing this is to ask you to vote on prizes you’d be most interested in winning at future events. These are actual real life future opportunities too as you can enter a prize draw each term after attending one (or more) of our UniSkills Workshops .
What is a UniSkills Workshop?
UniSkills Workshops (and Webinars) are an opportunity for a deeper dive into a specific skill that will support you on your academic journey at Edge Hill. Facilitated by our friendly and knowledgeable Academic Skills Advisors, these sessions provide an informal safe space where you will be supported alongside other students in a small group setting.
As an Edge Hill student you can book and attend as many UniSkills Workshops and Webinars as you like. After every session you will be asked to complete a feedback survey – and for every survey you complete you have a chance to enter our termly prize draw.
How can you take part?
We will be popping up in the HUB and Catalyst over the new two weeks (full details below) giving you the opportunity to cast your vote. There are 3 options (and 3 glass jars) to choose from, all you need to do is pick up an eco-friendly token from one of our team at the stand and pop it into the jar of your choice!
Where will you find us?
- Welcome Weekend
Saturday 24 September | 9am-5pm | HUB
Sunday 25 September | 9am-5pm | HUB
- Student Union Welcome Fair
Wednesday 28September | 10am-2pm | HUB
- Welcome Back Fair
Wednesday 5 October | 11am-2pm | HUB
- #FindYourFeet – Introduction to Library and academic (UniSkills) support at Edge Hill
Monday 3 October – Friday 7 October
Drop-in daily | 12pm-2pm | Catalyst Ground Floor Event Space
Book your place online daily| 3pm-4pm | Blackboard Collaborate
Are there any T&Cs?
Yes, we have listed the terms and conditions for the competition at the bottom of this blog!
What else do we need to know?
Only that we are actively trying to be much more sustainable in our student engagement activities this year. All the materials we have purchased are eco-friendly:
- Voting Jars – made from glass (recyclable) with bamboo lids (reusable)
- Tokens – made from starch bioplastics and completely breakdown if exposed to elements
- Sweets – wrapped in compostable cellophane (and we’ll have a compost caddy ready to collect your wrappers!)
- Prizes – we are encouraging prize winners to select a sustainable company for their voucher
- Poll Choices – all options should help us reduce our carbon footprint and be greener!
So, what are you waiting for – visit our LS stands over the coming weeks and cast your vote!
*Terms and conditions:
- Only EHU Students are eligible to enter and claim a prize.
- The competition opens at 9am on Wednesday 14th September 2022 and closes at midnight Sunday 9th October 2022.
- You may enter the competition multiple times but only one entry will be considered for the prize draw.
- The winners will be picked at random from a prize draw and contacted by Friday 14th October 2022.
- The winners will be contacted via their Edge Hill student email address.
- First prize is a £50 voucher of your choice and two runners up vouchers worth £25
- Prize winners will be encouraged to select a voucher from an ethical and/or sustainable company – join us as we try our best to help save the planet!
- Vouchers must be available to purchase online as an eVoucher or on Ormskirk campus.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes must be claimed by 5pm on Friday 28th October 2022.
- If anyone cannot be contacted or prizes are not claimed by Friday 28th October, the entry will become null and void and a re-draw may take place.