Recently, we’ve been asking you – our students – what you think about UniSkills and the academic support we provide.

Happily, lots of you provided some great feedback and we thought it would be useful to share it with those of you who may need some extra support but haven’t yet booked to attend a workshop or 1-2-1 appointment.

So, read on to find out what you may have been missing out on and how to get involved…

UniSkills Logo

UniSkills 1-2-1 Appointments

Are you looking for some one on one support? Then book a 1-2-1 appointment with our friendly team of Academic Skills Advisors. We offer both academic writing and information skills appointments. These sessions are great if you are perhaps struggling with something specific or just need a bit of advice.

Academic writing appointments allow you to informally discuss all things essay writing, referencing, presentations etc. Whilst information skills appointments give you some time to practice your literature searching; using Discover More or subject specific databases. But don’t take our word for it, here’s what some of our students think about UniSkills 1-2-1 appointments

“The advisor was extremely helpful and listened to my concerns, offering lots of helpful advice and answering any questions I had regarding the work.”

“I was really pleased with my appointment! I was able to ask all my questions and get the answers needed to help me.”

“I’ve learned how to develop my skills and how to find reliable sources using Discover More.”

“My experience with 1-1 support has been excellent. I have liaised with multiple support staff, and my experiences have been very positive.”

So, perhaps you’ve received some assignment feedback which you need to look at and work on, or maybe you just need a bit of support with your writing – have a look at the support on offer and book to see the UniSkills team.

UniSkills Workshops

Did you know that each week the UniSkills team host in-person and online workshops, covering all kinds of topics? This includes sessions on: how to develop your academic writing, how to improve your referencing, how to find relevant academic literature and many, many more. Check out the full list of UniSkills workshops on offer and book now to develop your skills.

Workshops are usually an hour long and provide plenty of opportunity for you to ask questions. Sessions are informal and friendly – with lost of great tips and advice – and you can book as many workshops as you like! Again, let’s hear what our students think about UniSkills workshops

“I really enjoyed it, it was really informative and interactive so if there were any questions we had the opportunity to ask! I’m really grateful that this was on offer and I think it will help me with future assignments.”

“I really enjoyed the workshop – everything was clear and concise, and I will attend other workshops now, as it was so helpful. I have recommended the Uniskills workshops to my fellow students on my course too. Thank you.”

“I found it very useful and it helped me feel more confident with my ability to paraphrase effectively and I gained some extra tips on how to do this which I can use. The lady doing the workshop was very professional and helpful and offered good feedback, asking questions and offering help to assist us.”

Summer Workshops – Book Your Place Today!

Now is the perfect time to check out the UniSkills workshops on offer, as we launch our new summer programme. All your regular favourites are there, such as: Introduction to Academic Writing, Using Harvard Referencing, Returning to Learning and many more.

We’ve also got a brand-new workshop for you to discover: Grow Your eBook Expertise. If you’ve ever wondered what eBooks are all about, what the benefits of using eBooks may be and how to get the most out of them – then this workshop is for you. We’ll also fill you in on some hidden features of eBooks; which will help with your research.

So what are your waiting for…don’t delay, book your UniSkills workshop place today!