From humming holiday tunes to talk of tinsel in the office, it’s safe to say that festive spirit has descended upon the Student Engagement team. While you might feel your own cheer is dampened by drafts and deadlines, the good news is #SleighYourStudies is back throughout December to keep your Christmas break as stress free as possible. From new workshops to exciting competitions, read on to see everything our academic skills elves have in store…
Don’t be left out in the cold, book onto our upcoming UniSkills Workshops:
❄️️Developing your Academic Writing — 1st December 12-1pm
❄️️Being Critical — 2nd December 2-3pm
❄️️Using Assistive Technology — 2nd December 12-1pm
❄️️Finding Academic Information — 3rd December 1-2pm
❄️️Developing Strategies for Learning: Part 2 — December 3rd 11-12pm
❄️️Conducting a Literature Review — 6th December 11-12pm
❄️️Returning to Learning — 8th December 2-4pm
❄️️Proofreading Strategies — 9th December 2-3pm
❄️️Grow Your Academic Resilience — 13th December 11-12pm
❄️️Become a Paraphrasing Pro — 15th December 12-1pm
* NEW * #SleighYourStudies Workshop
That’s a wrap: Study with UniSkills ?
Join us as we help you wrap up your assignments ahead of the holidays and #SleighYourStudies with UniSkills.
This structured study session starts with a 5-minute motivational activity, followed by two 25-minute study bursts (à-la Pomodoro technique!) to keep you focused on the task at hand.
Facilitated by our friendly and knowledgable Academic Skills Advisors, there’s also a chance to ask any questions you might have about academic writing and referencing.
?Wednesday 15th December, 3pm-4pm – Blackboard Collaborate
?Wednesday 22nd December, 3pm-4pm – Blackboard Collaborate
Book your place now!
Competition: Share your Cosy Winter Study Space
Share where you’re snuggling up to study this winter for the chance to win a £10 Amazon voucher and UniSkills Goody Bag!
Simply upload a photo of your cosy study space (think fairy lights, hot chocolate and fluffy socks!) using the hashtag #SleighYourStudies on Twitter or Instagram and tag @EHULearnService.
#SleighYourStudies Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all EHU students.
- The winner will be picked at random from a prize draw at 12pm on January 4th 2022.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- The winner will be contacted through their Twitter or Instagram account and asked to confirm their EHU student number.
- You can publish entries to both Twitter and Instagram (grid/stories) but only one entry will be counted.
- The prize will be emailed to the Edge Hill student email address corresponding with the student number given.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond before 18th January 2022, the entry will become null and void and a re-draw will take place.
Student Advisor Blog Alert ?
Along with sharing their own winter study spaces, our wonderful Student Advisors will be letting us in on how they stay motivated over the holidays. From time management strategies to festive Spotify playlists, keep your eyes peeled on the blog for actionable advice on how you too can #SleighYourStudies!
We look forward to supporting you with all your assignments and study skills this coming month, and of course seeing your creative competition entries ?
Wishing you lots of productive and restful days this December, from your Student Advisors and the Student Engagement team!