We are excited to host our next Library & Learning Services Staff Development Week beginning on Monday 15th November to Friday 19th November.
This will be a great opportunity to meet the teams that are here to support you, whilst enhancing your own digital skills with a week of staff development events.
- Take some time out to improve your digital skills by attending the sessions on ‘Getting the Most out of Outlook’ (Tuesday 16th Nov 11am-12pm) and ‘Excel: Beginners’ (Tuesday 16th Nov 2pm-3pm).
- Develop your awareness of accessibility and our Build Accessible campaign with ‘Build Accessible: Importance of accessible formats and Blackboard’ (Monday 15th Nov 1pm-2pm) and ‘Build Accessible: Making Documents Accessible’ (Wednesday 17th Nov 11am-12pm).
- Finesse your Reading Lists (Tuesday 16th Nov 10am-11am and Thursday 18th Nov 4pm-5pm) and learn more about ‘Getting the best out of the electronic collection’ (Tuesday 16th Nov 12pm-1pm).
- Find out more about Learning Edge with ‘Getting Started with Learning Edge’ (Monday 15th Nov 12pm-1pm), ‘Turnitin, Marking and Similarity’ (Tuesday 16th Nov 1pm-2pm) , ‘Utilising Activity Stream in Blackboard’ (Wednesday 17th Nov 10am-11am) and ‘Blackboard Collaborate: Getting Started and Other Functions’ (Friday 19th Nov 12pm-1pm).
Sessions will be offered in a variety of formats, including: online, hybrid and face-to-face (taking place in rooms in Catalyst).
Sneak Peek – Ultra Course View
Following the update in 2020 to Ultra Base Navigation, we are excited to provide staff with the opportunity to gain a sneak peek of Blackboard Ultra Course View. Ultra Course View has a newer and more modern design, making your Blackboard Courses and Modules even easier to navigate and build. Come along to our Sneak Peek sessions to learn more about Ultra Course View, what the benefits are and an opportunity to ask questions.
Sessions will take place on:
- Monday 15th Nov 11am-12pm (ONLINE)
- Wednesday 17th Nov 11am-12pm (OAK ROOM)
- Friday 19th Nov 11am-12pm (ONLINE)
- Thursday 25th Nov 12pm-1pm (ONLINE)
? Email [email protected] to book on.
Tour of Edge Hill Archives
Ever wondered what’s behind the Archive door in Catalyst? This is your chance to hear about our institution’s amazing history and see some of the unique and fascinating items, books and artefacts held in our archives. From the minutes of the 1882 meeting that established Edge Hill to beautifully illustrated Victorian children’s books and from a 1930s film fan’s scrapbook to photographs of 1920s drama performances; come and discover the riches of the archive!
The archive is a small, climate controlled space so tours are limited to 6 people at a time and we ask anyone attending to wear a mask.
? Email Dan Copley to book on – [email protected]
➡The full schedule can be accessed here – http://eshare.edgehill.ac.uk/16133/1/Staff%20Development%20Week%20%282%29.pdf
Library & Learning Services Staff Development Week will complement our already popular staff development offer, that will continue throughout November.
To find out more about upcoming staff development sessions, visit the collaborative My Staff Development wiki pages. The Getting Digital Ready wiki page contains bookable digital skills sessions from LTD and the Teaching, Learning & Research wiki page contains bookable sessions from Academic Engagement.