For those whose academic year hasn’t quite ended yet, we wanted to let you know your Student Engagement Team are still on hand to help you. From our virtual UniSkills support (Available on our web pages 24/7), to our Student Advisor Social Media Takeover from 16th-20th August, there’s plenty to develop your skills ahead of any upcoming Summer Assessments you may have.
In particular, be sure to check out our Exam Preparation Tab, which has lots of handy guidance on goal setting, staying motivated and revision tools and techniques. We also recommend spending some time familiarising yourself with the Online Learning and Assessment web pages, which contain all you need to know about online Turnitin and Panopto submissions, as well as Timed Blackboard Online Tests ?.
It’s understandable that you might be anxious about completing your assessments. The good news is that planning ahead and feeling prepared can help towards calming your nerves. It’s also important to remember there is always someone to talk to should you need, whether that be ourselves, your tutor, or the Wellbeing Team.
With all this in mind, here are our top tips for ensuring your Summer Assessments run as smoothly as possible:
- Install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox onto your PC or laptop as the University systems work best on these web browsers. We don’t recommend trying to complete assessments using a tablet or phone. If you don’t have access to a PC or laptop contact the Catalyst Helpdesk.
- Read and digest any information provided by your tutors for the assessments you will be taking. It is a good idea to have the information about how the assessment will work clear in your head prior to the assessment date itself.
- Make sure you have access to the software you will need, including Microsoft Word or another text editor. Remember that you have access to Office 365 and can download the software to your device for free.
- Log into Blackboard on the device you will be using to check your access.
- Update your alternative email. This is so you can easily reset your password should you need to.
- Access our Help and Support guides which provide lots of step by step technical information on how to access and submit your assessment.
If you experience any technical issues, or would like advice and guidance on how to set up your technology in an optimum way for your assessment, then help is available by contacting the Catalyst Helpdesk virtually via email or live chat.
Finally, everyone at Library and Learning Services wishes you the best of luck – you’ve got this! ?