Hello, welcome, nice to see you again!
Tuesday 1st September marks the official reopening of the entire Catalyst building, with all floors available to students and staff.
We also welcome our wonderful Helpdesk Team back into the building. They have been doing a fantastic job supporting students and staff virtually for the last 6 months. Whilst the helpdesk is now open, we do recommend that you continue you to reach out virtually where possible.
As previously covered in our earlier blogs, things look a little different in the building as you may expect. Here are some of the things you need to be aware of and remember when coming to Catalyst.
- Opening hours – from 1st September are 8am – 8pm, Monday – Friday and 10am – 6pm, Saturday and Sunday.
- Temporary click and collect service
- Reduced capacity – Catalyst will work on a reduced capacity in order to help us maintain social distancing. During busy periods you may need to queue to access the building so please bear this in mind.
- Swipe access – to help us manage the reduced capacity, all visitors to Catalyst are required to swipe in and out of the building, so you’ll need your UniCard with you at all times. We also ask that each individual person swipes in and out, even if you are coming in with friends or colleagues.
- Face coverings – face coverings are required when moving around the building (unless you are exempt) but you do not need to wear them when sitting at a study space.
- Individual study – the building is available for individual study only. There are no group rooms available at present and all study spaces are limited to 1 person. We ask that you respect these guidelines when you use the building.
- Study space booking – we have provided bookable study space on the 3rd floor of Catalyst. This is a silent study floor and there are bookable spaces with PCs and also large desks. You can book here: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/services/study-room-bookings/
- Furniture layout – the furniture in Catalyst has been arranged specifically to maintain social distancing. We ask that you do not move any furniture and follow the signage and guidelines displayed.
- Our colleagues in Student Services and Careers are also back in Catalyst but blending with wfh and are providing virtual help and support appointments. Please contact the helpdesk in the first instance or visit their relevant websites for key information.
We are here for you and we look forward to seeing you – either in person or virtually!
Catalyst Facilities Team