Earlier this month we celebrated World Book Day! Our staff in Learning Services decided to display their love of books across our social media platforms. Individuals took part from our Ormskirk campus, as well as our Manchester and Aintree sites. We have picked out some of our favourites for this blog but if you would like to see all of the pictures shared then head over to our twitter page @LearnService
Lots of pets got involved, from dogs to kittens and even rabbits! They all embraced their owners love of reading –
More traditionally, kids were loving the opportunity to dress as their favourite characters –
Our staff enjoyed dressing up and getting out and about to showcase their favourite reads –
Finally, some staff preferred to take the creative approach to showcase their love of literature –
Don’t forget, it’s not too late to get involved in world book day – here are our top suggestions on how to share a love of reading:
- If you have any pre-loved books why not take them to a local charity shop? This is a great way to pick up affordable literature and spread the joy of reading.
- Recommend a book you are currently absorbed in to a friend and ask for some suggestions from them. This way you can both enjoy a variety of books.
- Visit the Catalyst, or your local library, and pick up a book from a genre that you have never read before. For example, if you normally read romance maybe try a thriller. You might be surprised to find something new which you enjoy. Our library in Aintree library has a brilliant collection of fiction books to motivate you to read for pleasure. Any students can browse these books using the online library catalogue and get them sent to either the Manchester campus library or the Catalyst.
- Inspire the younger generation by taking the opportunity to read to a young person. This could be a family member, or you could volunteer at a local school or charity.
- Start a book club with some friends. This can encourage you to read more as well as being social.
- Come down to the Catalyst and see all the amazing books that are on offer, both fiction and non-fiction.