UniSkills is a package of workshops, hands-on support, interactive toolkits and online guides created to help you develop a range of essential academic skills and to enable you to produce high quality University assignments.
Whatever your subject or level of study, UniSkills has something to offer! UniSkills covers core academic skills such as planning your assignment, referencing, academic writing, finding academic resources, dissertations and more!
We understand that everyone’s learning journey is unique and everyone prefers different learning styles and techniques. Therefore Learning Services provides support through a variety of channels to help you get the best possible marks by learning in a style that is most suited to you!
UniSkills is made up of:
- Interactive online toolkits – each toolkit acts like an online tutorial to guide you through key academic topics using a combination of videos, audio clips, animations, quizzes, practical advice and handy tips! Access the toolkits from your ‘My Library’ panel in Learning Edge.
- Online guides and resources which can be found on the Uni Skills webpages ehu.ac.uk/uniskills
- UniSkills workshops take place throughout the term. Students can view the full workshop timetable and book a workshop place through ehu.ac.uk/workshops
- Face to face support at the Ask Desk with a member of the Academic Support Team (the team are available at the Ask Desk on the 1st floor of the University Library from 9am-7pm on weekdays)
Have a look at our Uni Skills video trailer to find out more!
For something subject-specific…
- Take a look at your ‘My Library’ tab in Learning Edge to find contact details for your Subject Librarian and Skills Advisor. In the ‘My Library’ tab you will also find the specialist subject support panel which links you to information most relevant to your discipline.
- Your Subject Librarian and Skills Advisor can deliver embedded Uni Skills sessions. These are workshops which your tutor has booked in for your during your regular timetabled lectures (if you feel your module group could benefit from a Uni Skills embedded session, simply speak to your tutor!)
Further help and support
For further help please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can speak to a member of the Academic Support Team face to face at the Ask Desk on the 1st floor of the University Library (9am-7pm weekdays). You can also contact the team through Ask Us.