Are you new to the area, or perhaps a returning student, and would like to know more about our (your new) local town?
Historically a market town at the heart of West Lancashire, steeped in history and character, is where you will call home for the next year or more…but what does it have to offer?
Excellent shopping, with a mixture of high street, independent and market retailers, a wide range of cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs, and lots of green open spaces, such as Coronation Park or Ruff Wood…and it is all within walking distance of the University!
But what about the town before the Ormskirk we know today – what did that look like?
Well, why not visit our latest exhibition of maps, books, and photos and discover interesting archives such as…
- One of the earliest maps of Ormskirk dated 1609
- Visual and written information on the development of the town across the centuries
- Photographs of Edge Hill and Ormskirk town in the past
We would also like you to share your TOP TIPs for living/studying in Ormskirk with our new students…
- Do you have a favourite eating/drinking place?
- Where do you like to shop?
- Which street offer the best bargains?
How to share your TOP TIPs…
- Visit our exhibition and write your tips on our TOP TIPs notice board!
- Tweet us!
- Facebook us!
- You could even tag us in your Instagram photo tips!
We look forward to see, and hearing, from you soon!