We hope you all had a lovely winter break and stuffed yourselves silly with lots of tasty treats…but sadly it’s time to face reality again and think about the months ahead. Perhaps you have made some resolutions to eat better, exercise more or possibly to study harder?

Well, the University Library can’t help much with the healthier eating (seriously, we are a bunch of gannets!) but we can give you completely uninterrupted* library access for a whopping 11 weeks!

Monday 18th January (8am) to Friday 18th March (midnight)
Monday 4th April (8am) to Friday 27th May (midnight)

247-library3 (2)

That’s an additional 11 weeks on top of our original proposal – totalling at 27 weeks for 2015/16 academic year!

And you’ve only yourselves to thank! During the 10 weeks of 24/7 in October-December 2015 we saw a total footfall of 6443 students through our library doors and received so many student feedback forms telling us just how much you LOVE 24/7 that we couldn’t say no!

“What a positive change the 24/7 library is I am now able to work at a time suitable to me that meets when I work best.”

“It helps me study better. It’s a quiet environment. I can concentrate. Today, 22nd, I came here for the first time to study and write an essay. I feel much more confident and feel I have learned something.”

“Love!!! Love!!! Love!!! Please keep it open! Help me pass my assessments!”

Some fun 24/7 facts…

• Living for the weekend – the busiest nights of the week are Thursdays and Fridays
  • Early birds – the busiest hour is between 7am – 8am
  • Teamwork – your favourite place to study is the ground floor
  • Deadline calling – by far the busiest nights of all were Thursday 17th December and Friday 18th December

24/7 Facilities…

• Access to the library building with a valid UniCard
  • Use of the study zones, book stock, PCs and printing/scanning/photocopying facilities
  • Issue and return items
  • Add print credit and pay fines online
  • Access help and support via our Ask Us knowledge base or use 24/7 live chat

For all additional services the help desks opening hours are:-

Monday – Friday             8am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday         11am – 6pm

*Please be aware essential cleaning takes place between 6am and 8am.