The University Library is working hard to ensure that our study spaces are meeting your requirements…but we need your help!
We are running a noise campaign (or rather an anti-noise campaign!) until the end of term to promote all of our Learning Spaces and to help you find the appropriate space for the kind of studying you want to do.
With exams and deadlines looming it is important that everyone is able to study in the way that they want in the correct space.
Choose Your Study Space…
For Silent Study
- Use the Silent Study Room on the 2nd floor of the Library
For Quiet Study
- Use the 1st and 2nd floor of the Library, including bookable Individual Study Rooms*
For Group Study
- Use the Ground floor of the Library, including bookable Library Group Rooms*
For Social Space
- Use the 1st floor of the HUB
*How to book an Individual Study Room or Group Study Room
- Option 1: Log in to the GO Portal and select “Room Booking” under the Learning Resources option in the Student Services box.
- Option 2: Log in to the GO Portal and choose Learning Edge – the option to book the rooms is then on the left hand side under your faculty pages.
- Option 3: If already logged in to the GO Portal go direct to the room booking page.
- Rooms can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance.
Staff will continue to monitor noise levels across all of our Learning Spaces but if you do experience any inappropriate behaviour from other students, please report this immediately to a member of library staff.
You can report any problems to library staff in a number of ways…
- Visit a member of staff at the Welcome Desk (Ground Floor) or Ask Desk (1st Floor).
- Text 01613 751 608
- Tweet or send a Direct Message via @EHULearnServices
- Post on our Facebook Page or send a Private Message via facebook.com/EHULearnService
These contacts are monitored weekdays 8am – 9pm and weekends 11am – 6pm.
Outside of these hours please report direct to a member of the midnight team at the Welcome Desk (Ground Floor).