Learning Services has recently purchased a great new resource for Social Work students – The Social Work Toolkit.
The Toolkit has been designed to provide support to students undertaking a qualifying social work course and offers students assistance in preparing for and going on placement.
There are over 100 resources in the Toolkit. These are divided between four themes:
- Communication Skills
- Developing your Practice
- Ethics, Values and Diversity
- Assessment and Intervention
The resources are presented in a variety of media, such as audio clips, videos and downloadable PDF documents and include:
- Case studies – Scenarios from a range of perspectives provide thought-provoking discussion points.
- Preparation for practice – Practice and placement tips are offered in the form of summary sheets, activities and videos.
- Expert opinions – Commissioned from academics and social work professionals, these pieces aim to expand knowledge and provide deeper insight.
- Quick guides – Covering a wide range of topics, these guides offer accessible advice and insight.
- Book chapters – Selected chapters from our highly regarded list of published social work textbooks offer more depth on key issues and areas of discussion.
Each resource is supported by:
- Learning objectives – enabling you to see what you will achieve from the resources.
- Reflective questions – promoting opportunities to be reflective, in line with the importance placed on accountability and critical thinking skills in the profession.
- Links to policy and law (where appropriate) – highlighting what underpins relevant content with a view to making connections with law and policy easier.
- Further resource suggestions – pointing you towards a wealth of reading, supportive websites and appropriate guidelines.
- Links to other resources – suggestions of similarly themed resources also available on the Social Work Toolkit for you to explore.
So why not get using the Toolkit today?