Blackboard 9.1 will be upgraded from Friday 17th August 2018 (11:00 pm) until Monday 20th August 2018 (11:00 pm).
During the upgrade window the system will be unavailable, we therefore advise you to make some preparations to reduce any impact:
- If you need to refer to online materials in your Blackboard course during the upgrade window, you can download those materials in advance to your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- If your course utilises recorded lectures and sessions you can download those recordings in advance of the weekend upgrade. You can then watch these recordings on your computer, tv, or mobile device.
- If you expect you will need to view data from your course’s Blackboard Grade Centre you can download it to an excel file. This allows you to view the data whilst Blackboard is unavailable;
- If, during the upgrade window, you will need to refer to student submissions in Turnitin, you can download the files in advance for offline viewing;
- If you need to refer to submissions using the Blackboard Assignment Feature you may download them in advance for offline viewing on your computer or mobile device.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions regarding this, please email us at [email protected]