Categories
Uncategorized

Let’s start at the very beginning…

It’s a very sunny Tuesday here in Vienna, with temperatures at the moment in the mid-20s. I have finally made it to the arena, collected my accreditation and I am now in-situ with Prof Brian Singleton in the press centre. We won’t make it into the arena until tonight, but we will be watching the last dress rehearsal this afternoon on the large screen in the press centre.

FYI, Brian will be tweeting throughout the contest representing our ERN (Eurovision Research Network) activities and opinions. Follow Brian @eurovisionern and retweet freely! We’re up and going as of now!

Here’s the scene from the press centre…

Building exterior

PC1 PC2It’s a roomy and cool press centre, and already there is a nice background buzz about the place. It seems busier than normal at this time of the week than in previous years. It is normally on the Thursday of the second-semi that the press centre gets really busy. It’s going to be a comfortable place to report from this week.

A photo from our excursion into town last night of the cathedral, below. Beautiful building, and I’ll get more of a feel of the city and post more pics throughout the week.

cathedral

More later…

2 replies on “Let’s start at the very beginning…”