BA (Hons) Primary Mathematics Education with QTS

“It’s amazing to be able to train and further my experience in a school setting whilst being supported by my mentor at school and tutors at university.”

Lauren Phelan

“My name is Lauren, and I’ve just finished my first year of the BA (Hons) Primary Mathematics Education course at Edge Hill University.

I decided that I wanted to study a Primary Education course at University after I volunteered at a local primary school.  This work experience confirmed to me that I wanted to enter the teaching profession and so I began to research into universities and I soon realised that Edge Hill was the place for me.

My favourite part of studying Primary Education is definitely attending professional practice as this is what I want to do for my career. It’s amazing to be able to train and further my experience in a school setting whilst being supported by my mentor at school and tutors at university.

My course has provided me with many opportunities to develop my experience of teaching through placements and exemplar days which allow me to observe experienced teachers and get involved in their lessons, which gives me knowledge of a broad range of teaching methods.

When I graduate from University, I hope to secure my first teaching job, and I look forward to making a difference to children’s education.”