This week we have mostly been launching this:
We’ll blog more about it after the Christmas break but a few interesting points below:
- New server build to support the new WordPress powered homepage.
- Varnish caching layer to make page serve times fly!
- New Faculty of Arts and Sciences website.
- Lots of support to departments updating their staff profiles.
- Discussions about promotion of the National Student Survey.
- Meeting with Learning Services to look at moving their site to new WordPress theme.
- Meeting with Media about their website.
- Meeting with Performing Arts about their website. (Can you see a pattern yet?!)
- Probably some other things I’ve forgotten about following the IT Services meal out yesterday.
- JIRA – Created: 29; Resolved: 32
- RMS – Created: 15; Cleared: 18
This will be the last Friday week notes of 2013 – please let us know in the comments if you’ve found them useful.
I’ll leave you with a look at where we’ve come from:
— Michael Nolan (@MikeNolan) December 15, 2013