- WordPress 3.8 is now running on both blogs.edgehill.ac.uk and the Corporate Website. There are lots of new features covered in the video below but if you’re an editor and want the old colour scheme back then get choose light from the edit profile page.
- Updated the Web Services blog to the latest Twenty Fourteen theme – hope you like reading our posts!
- Testing JS Hacks on Blackboard to more closely integrate with other staff- and student-facing services under the GO banner.
- Sport website now in the new WordPress theme.
- YouTube Live streaming of the December Graduation ceremonies went very well. There’s a short write up about it.
- Updated the
spamsales calls page for Corporate Communications. Four years ago I attempted a similar thing but it’s not always been successful – I get as many sales emails and calls as ever and I’m sorry to say I’m no better at telling companies when we’re not interested.
- New homepage and theme developments ahead of a lunch before the end of term:
- Reviewed and updated the contents of the mega menus.
- Updated slide designs
- Steve Johnson has done some great work on new Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Study homepages in the new design – these will launch alongside the new homepage.
- Upgraded to the latest version of FontAwesome. This is incredibly painful when the use of many icons are stored in (serialized) database rows.
- Lots of optimisation to attempt to improve the page load time.
- JIRA – Created: 49; Resolved: 42
- RMS – Created: 27; Closed: 31
That’s all for this week but check out a couple of festive microsites that other Universities have released:
Maybe we’ll join them next year when we’re not trying to launch a new homepage!