- Discussions between ourselves and Infrastructure Solutions about how we can get contact information about staff out of Outlook and Active Directory for use in staff profile pages.
- Demonstrated some ideas for how research case studies that form part of Edge Hill’s REF submission can be showcased online. This will make use of our story functionality to show updates over time about each topic.
- One of these topics covers research by The Other Jenny Barrett who I met on Monday to talk about options for hosting a website for some events next year. Listen to her explain more:
- Graduation website now powered by WordPress.
- Saturday’s graduations will for the first time use YouTube Live streaming to broadcast to the internet. This means you can now watch from a mobile phone or tablet. We’ve done a few trial runs with colleagues from Learning Services who will be in the control room while I’ve got a second row view!
— Michael Nolan (@MikeNolan) December 6, 2013
- We’ve planned for more academic department sites to move to the new WordPress theme in the coming weeks.
- Yesterday saw the induction of the latest batch of student bloggers working with Student Recruitment to show what life is like at Edge Hill. Follow the Inside Edge blog to find out what they have to say!
- As mentioned last week the Edge Hill Central app is now available for iOS – it’s also available through the Google Play store for Android.
- JIRA – Created: 29; Resolved: 23
- RMS – Created: 19; Closed: 17
Finally, this week we solved the problem of getting information “above the fold”: Or, y’know, not.