Following Bath’s example – we’ve never been afraid to steal some of their ideas – we’re planning to publish “week notes” each Friday giving a summary of the week’s activities.
- Launched a beta version of our new Google Site Search powered corporate website search engine.
- Work continues apace on the new corporate homepage built in WordPress. Chris is working through final changes suggested by the boss.
- We’re also reviewing the status of our top level sites to see which we can update to the new WordPress theme or migrate into WordPress from statically built sites.
- Last week we received training for the new AMX digital signage that’s in Creative Edge and BioSciences so we’re working on pushing content out to those devices.
- Dan has been working on bringing Student Profiles into WordPress.
- Upgraded WordPress to 3.7.1 from 3.7 on the corporate site and 3.6.1 on blogs. Because we use version control this isn’t automated.
- Yesterday I went to SWIG – the Liverpool WordPress group – hosted by Interconnect IT (who also provide the excellent WP User Guide we use as the basis for training and support). Robert O’Rourke did a very interesting talk about typogrophie and the balance of form and function based on the teachings of Emil Ruder. (Update: slides for the talk – with lots of examples – are now available)
Meanwhile, on the internets, it’s interesting to see Twitter pushing media content more with the inclusion of pictures inline in the timeline:
It would be nice if they are also able to expose content from Twitter Cards as all our news stories and events have them enabled.