Vacancy: Head of Web Services

I will be leaving Edge Hill in the New Year to take up the position of University Web Manager at the University of Bath and as a result a vacancy has arisen for a new Head of Web Services at Edge Hill.

Full details can be found on our website however I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight some key facts about the position and provide some background.

In the last twelve months it’s fair to say Edge Hill’s Web Services team has had some good press. The Hi applicant site was a huge success (soon to be featured in UCISA’s Best Practice Guide for Communicating with Users) as was the Go portal developments (designed for our students). We’ve also been talked about in HE Web circles and peers are interested in our vision and approach.

More exciting projects are imminent. The Corporate Website is currently getting a re-vamp to ensure we utilise new technologies to communicate key messages to our prospective students and we’re building in more functionality to key applications such as the eProspectus (course search) and News and Events.

So there is a lot going on and the successful applicant will get to work on a variety of exciting projects and with a talented and committed Web Services team.

I have been incredibly proud to have worked at Edge Hill University and seen it’s growth and success over the last few years and I look forward to hearing of it’s continued success in the future.

If you’re interested please don’t hesitate to contact me for an informal discussion on 01695 584780 or email alison.wildish@edgehill.ac.uk.

4 thoughts on “Vacancy: Head of Web Services

1. Hi Alison

I am sorry to see you go.

I would like to thank you for all your support and guidance that you have given us. Very much appreciated.

Hope you enjoy the Universiry of Bath.

Good luck

2. I can’t beleive you are leave Edge HillQ and for Bath!

I wish you all the best for your job and I hope you are very happy there in your new start

3. If this is going to be the ‘say nice things about Alison’ thread – let me just say it’s been great working with you, you’ve transformed the web at Edge Hill and I hope the new job works out for you.