Olympians on campus

Athletes competing in this summer’s Olympics have arrived on Edge Hill University’s Ormskirk campus to start an intensive training regime in preparation for the Games.

Edge Hill is one of only 3 universities in the north west to be hosting the pre games training, and just shows how the rep of Edge Hill just keeps growing!

While on campus the sportspeople will make full use of University’s state-of-the-art facilities, including the running track, sports therapy clinic, the biomechanics labs, the gym, Student Hub and halls of residences.

It is the second time that swimmer Debra Daniel, 21, will be competing in the Olympics in the 50m freestyle. She said: “It’s beautiful here and I can’t wait to start training and learning new techniques. Back at home we don’t have a pool so I’m used to training in the ocean or the rivers, so this will be different for me again – it will be very modern. The last time I competed it was an amazing experience, we were treated like stars and I loved it. This time, for me I want to make sure I beat my own personal best.”

Be assured if the facilities on campus are good enough for Olympic athletes then you can be confident that your degree training is going to be in the best place you can imagine!