Goodbye and Good Luck

Well, the end is nigh. As I sit here in an empty office with less than 30 minutes till I vacate my role as President of Edge Hill Students’ Union, I just wanted to send my best wishes to every single one of you and thank you for a fantastic two years. It has been my absolute pleasure to represent you all both in my Vice President & President capacities.

It seems like an absolute lifetime ago since I myself was graduating from my Primary Education degree back in the summer of 2011 and simultaneously attending the Graduation Lunches as the new (and first) Vice President Faculty of Education. Since then a lot has changed both within the University and the Students’ Union and I truly hope that both continue on this upwards trend over the coming trend.

Since I started we have seen significantly better engagement with our student body, especially in the Faculties of Education and Health & Social Care. I have watched the number of societies we have increase hugely as well as the creation of our student media platform Vibe. We have seen the SU develop an independent Advice Centre as well as the creation of a Marketing department in order to better inform you of what we do and what opportunities are available to you. And with a big expansion to our services on the horizon I can only imagine that the SU will continue to provide you all with more opportunities, events, representation and advice.

I’d like to thank all those both within the SU and the University whom I have worked with over the last two years and who have supported me and my colleagues in being able to make positive. change on your behalf. I’d also like to wish the new team – Gareth, Kayley, Em-J and Christian the best of luck for the coming year and can only hope that they will do even bigger and more wonderful things for you than I was ever able to.

But most importantly I’d like to send all of you – the students, my most sincere and absolute best wishes. It has been my absolute pleasure to have represented you and worked on your behalf these past two years and I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. Whether you have just finished your first year or just graduated I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do with your life! Enjoy yourself, never get too stressed and always ensure that you’re happy, whatever it is you’re doing. You have the world at your feet, now go and change it 🙂

A very fond farewell to you all
Elliott

Balcony - Twitter