And so the real stuff begins….

So after a very mad and busy 8 days and nights of freshers events it’s all over! It was an eventful week with meeting celebrities, getting covered in UV paint, hosting the pub quiz and all round meeting new and continuing students showing off my not so quality dance moves. During the days I was speaking in lectures, taking part in grab a sabb and who can forget the freshers fair which I must say I thought was one of the biggest and best yet!

So what can we look forward to now…
Well today sees the opening of the SU advice centre where you can get independent confidential and impartial advise on various issues from finance problems to academic matters. As I’ve said in my lectures do not suffer alone there are people here to help so do not suffer in silence and get in touch suadvice@edgehill.ac.uk .

Thursday sees our first mature students coffee morning which will take place upstairs in the hub in front of the big screen 10-1. A really good chance to meet other mature students as well as meet members from the Students’ Union.

You can still get involved with the various aspects of student life which the SU deals with from volunteering, sports, societies and VibeMedia just get in touch and we’ll point you in the right direction.

Friday sees the launch of our new live music night which will be happening in the venue and this week’s band is ‘The Tea Street Band’ and then there will be Djs playing the best underground, indie, alt and dance known to man! You can get tickets from the SU priced at £2 with an NUS card and £5 without.

And finally we still have NUS cards, hoodies and joggers available all year and just remember every penny spent goes straight back into the students!

So I hope you have enjoyed freshers week and that now the ‘real’ stuff starts you’ll get stuck in and make the most of being student. If you’re going into your third year grab every chance as this time next year you will wish you had.

Remember to pop in and make yourself know, until next time

Alex 🙂