Hello & Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my first (and very short you’ll be glad to hear) blog of the year

To those of you who are visiting this site for the first time as a result of finding you have been accepted into Edge Hill, congratulations and a big welcome to you all. To those of you who are returning, welcome back and I look forward to seeing you all again.

A few things to update on as we move into the new academic year. Continuing the trend of Presidents who don’t seem to be able to leave, last year’s President Colin Gibson was successful in his application for our new role of Development Officer – Communications. This role has been introduced in order to centrally coordinate all our social and physical media as well as hold responsibility for all our student media (radio, magazine, tv). It’s primary aim is to continue to get Edge Hill Students’ Union out there: who we are, what we do and how we can or have helped enhance your student experience.

This isn’t the only new addition to EHSU this summer. This September also sees the launch of our new Advice and Guidance Centre which currently has three new members of staff working within it. This service will provide professional and independent support and advice for students on a whole host of issues including finance, accommodation, academic regulations and welfare.

We are also making changes to the physical layout of our current facilities. They are still undergoing, so I am currently writing this in front of the remnants of an old table which looks more like an unsafe climbing frame than anything else. Nevertheless it should look much more slick and efficient when it’s finished come Freshers’ Week. When you do arrive do come and pop in and see us, whether it’s to ask about something or simply to say hello.

Finally I best introduce you to your all new sabbatical team. Those of you who are returning to Edge Hill may already know me as I was last year’s Vice President Faculty of Education. I am now the President of EHSU and alongside me we have Alex Illingworth (VP Faculty of Education), Sian (that’s See-Ann) Rees (Vice President Faculty of Health & Social Care) and Gareth Dowling (Vice President Faculty of Arts & Sciences). Hopefully if everything goes to plan, you’ll be fed up of seeing and hearing from us come the end of the year 🙂

Anyway I’ll shut up for now because that was longer than expected…

Many thanks for reading
Elliott
SU President

T: 01695 657308
E: supresident@edgehill.ac.uk
Fb: Ehsu Pres
Twit: @ehsupresident