It’s been a while..

It’s been a while, happy New Year!

Apologies for how long its been since my last blog, my late New Year resolution (can I even do that) is to blog more and keep you up to date with whats going on in the Students’ Union and University, it’s been a crazily busy time since getting back from the Christmas break, our website has had another (yes it’s third since I started as VP) and still had a load to be done on it but its looking better! http://www.edgehillsu.org.uk/ We’ve also been in dialogue with senior University figures around the Hidden Fee’s stuff, and there is some very exciting proposals which would be amazing so watch this space!

What’s been keeping me stuck at my desk for days now though is the launch of our first ever Student Magazine ‘Vibe‘ it’s got content in ranging from dress to impress this Valentines to Barack Obama- Bush the third? so it is very varied, and is looking smart now in its final phases, keep an eye out for its launch on February 1st (it will be hosted on our SU site)

So besides the magazine, Hidden Fees & Website, we’ve also now started to look at undergoing a massive piece of research into what the student body (i.e our members at the SU) want from the SU, and from the result we will try to adapt to match.

One final final thing is for all final year students the Graduation Ball tickets are now on sale from the SU reception at £35 (if you can’t get into the University in the near future give the SU a call and we will sort other arrangements), we’ve responded to customer feedback and managed to get the price down  from last year, and this year it will be at Aintree Racecourse (on the Ormskirk – Liverpool train line) so hopefully transport will be cheaper for you too!

Any questions drop me an email on supresident@edgehill.ac.uk, and if you want any contact details for any other members of the SU team they are available on www.edgehillsu.org.uk/

Until next time,

Colin