Dude, Where’s my feedback?

Only a short one from me today after only posting a blog yesterday,

In June 2011 The University’s academic board passed a set of recommendations put forward by the Students’ Union regarding assessment feedback. These recommendations included:

• For Edge Hill University to give ALL students (where practicable) the opportunity to submit their work online.
  • For lecturers to give students a set date for when they will return their work with constructive feedback in accordance with the assessment policy statement 2008 (and that this should remain with the current guideline of four working weeks)
  • To formally replace handwritten feedback with typed feedback on departmental coversheets.
  • For the University to create a detailed policy on exam feedback, specifying a minimum entitlement (oral group feedback) for the student.

These four recommendations were passed at the end of the 2010/2011 academic year, and were agreed to be operationalised with effect from September 2011.

As students of Edge Hill you are fully entitled to, and should expect to receive the everything outlined in University policy on feedback above as a minimum..

The Students’ Union is keen to ensure that this is the case across the University, and that students are indeed getting the level of feedback they have a right to and should expect. If you’re not then please contact us so that we can ensure something is done about it!

Mmmmm, that ended up being longer than I originally anticipated, apologies for that!

As always you can e-mail me at suvpfas@edgehill.ac.uk, or you can phone me on 01695 657311

Thanks again for reading

Billy

2 thoughts on “Dude, Where’s my feedback?

1. Claire

Feedback given is rarely typed so still usually hand written and therefore difficult to read when reflecting upon it for your next assignment! Haven’t seen many changes in this area.

2. Jennie

I have submitted eight pieces of work in the past six weeks, I have recieved NO FEEDBACK as of yet. As far as I am concerned I could of wasted the entire first semester as everything could come back as a fail, this is mainly due to deadline dates being so close to one another. Surely this isn’t right??