Daniel bowls over our Scholarship Selection Panel

A recent winner of one of our Excellence Scholarships for Prospective Students, Daniel Hamm dropped into the office the other day to update us on his progress and, wow, what a great year he has had!

Daniel plays cricket for Tranmere Victoria CC, Cheshire County CC and England PD team and was awarded a Sports Scholarship in September 2013. He has now just completed Year 1 of our BA (Hons) Physical Education and School Sport degree.

England Squad

This is what Daniel had to say about cricket and his first year as an Edge Hill University scholar.

“Over the past 12 months I have been fortunate enough to remain within the England PD Squad, with one of my highlights being selected to travel to Dubai to play Pakistan. The tour lasted two weeks and consisted of seven games (a warm up match, 3 T20’s and 3 ODI’s), I played in the warm up match and 2 T20 matches.

My role in the squad is a bowler and I am one of the few young spin bowlers with the team.  Although we did not come home victorious, I personally had a great time – not only did I get to play but we got to see a lot of the sights in Dubai and watch Lancashire CCC play – what an experience! I also learnt a lot about cultural differences, myself and my team mates. The experiences I went through can only help me become a better player and person as I go into my second year at Edge Hill in September.

Overall, I take great pride in how my first year at Edge Hill has gone and how well I have settled into things. I have thoroughly enjoyed the year, meeting new people, making new friends, attending seminars and lectures. I am happy with my results and how they are progressing as well as how well my cricket has been developing, I hope they both continue to go well during my next two years at Edge Hill.”