What Next?

How was your Study Week?
Mine went pretty well, I completed two assignments, read quite a lot and got to see my friends. It was productive!

I’ve been looking into Post-Graduate Courses and decided that I want to do a Masters in English next year when I complete my Undergraduate Degree. I’m definitely staying at Edge Hill to do it because the course they offer suits what I want to study. I’m really interested in Victorian Literature and I’ve had a look at the MA handbook and the modules; they all seem to interest me so I’m going to have to pick four – luckily I don’t have to do that yet. My indecisiveness is a curse!
I went to see Financial Services today in the SIC (Student Information Centre) building to see about the funding available and got a lot of useful information. It’s definitely worth going to speak to someone over there for advice on funding for tuition, living costs etc, they’re extremely helpful and really easy to talk to. My friend and I had an informal chat with a member of the financial team and feel a lot better about¬†funding the course now; we received relevant documentation to look at and were talked through the process. I don’t think I’ve met a member of staff in the SIC that isn’t really knowledgeable and ready to help.

There’s nothing really new with me, I had a¬†module rep meeting this week with the other student representatives and the head of our year. I always put myself up for module rep, I think it’s really important to voice opinions on how the course is running, whether it be smoothly or not. It gives the students a voice and it is vital in such a huge environment that students participate. Other than that and being consumed by books, there’s nothing to report on.
Hope you’re all well,

Sarah.

This entry was posted in About Me, English, Masters, SIC and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.