Uni Mates

I realise I’ve been M.I.A. lately and I do apologise but I’ve been really poorly and haven’t had the energy to do any writing. I don’t know whether I’ve mentioned this before but I’m a disabled student and I had a ‘flare up’ (as they call it) of my joints and haven’t been in the best shape. I’m feeling better now though and I met up with my friends from Uni a few times this week and we had a great time.
Before I started at Edge Hill, I had loads of people telling me, ‘the friends you meet at university will be the ones you keep for life’, and I can honestly say it’s no word of a lie. It’s always daunting starting anywhere new and not knowing people but you soon realise that everybody is in the same boat and quickly become acquainted with so many people it’s hard to keep track of their names.
I’m quite confident when meeting new people so don’t particularly get nervous, I’ll talk to anyone. During my first few weeks at EHU I noticed other students that weren’t as confident as I am and introduced myself to them or asked them to sit with us during seminars etc.
The only advice I can give a future student on ‘getting to know people’ is be yourself and start up a conversation. There will be plenty of students who feel anxious about going over to someone and introducing themselves but try and give it a go, you may make the best friend you’ll ever have.
Good luck and you’ll be fine.

Sarah.

This entry was posted in About Me and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.