Promoting research by using social media
Wednesday 25 March 2020, 12:00-14:00
How many (non-EHU) colleagues know that you:
- have been awarded this grant?
- have published this book/paper/chapter?
- have been invited to give this talk/seminar?
- have presented at this conference?
- are working on this project/paper?
- are collaborating with this academic?
- will be examining a PhD?
- will be external examiner at X university?
- have just joined a research group?
- have published an article in Conversation?
- were mentioned in a newspaper article?
- have a new blog post?
If the answer to (most of) these questions is ‘I don’t know’, or ‘Not many’, then this session is for you
This session will discuss the combined use of academic networking websites (e.g. Research Gate, Academia.edu) in in making our outputs visible and accessible and social networking (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) in publicising outputs. This session is aimed at Academic staff who are Research-active.