The National Institute for Health Research invites stage 1 applications for its commissioned call under the public health research programme. This supports research on the continuing priority research topics of interest to the PHR programme. Applications are sought for the following previously advertised topics:
- Gang violence and gang related harms to health;
- Choice architecture;
- Health improvement interventions for offender or ex-offenders;
- Promoting healthy eating in minority ethnic groups;
- Mid-life and physical exercise;
- Sun exposure;
- Age-friendly environments;
- Health and wellbeing for older employees in the workplace;
- Promoting independence in older people;
- Enabling people to live well with dementia;
- Suicide prevention in high risk groups;
- Contractual levers in local government;
- Improving health and wellbeing for people who are at risk of or exposed to adverse childhood experiences;
- Interventions that reduce harmful substance use with a focus on novel psychoactive substances.
Researchers in the UK may apply.