Winter Pure Is Coming.
Edge Hill has invested in a research information system called Pure. This is the first in a series of posts that will hopefully explain what the system does and why it should matter to you. Later posts will focus on particular features.
Pure will bring all sorts of research content together in one place, allowing you and the University to showcase your research activity to the world.
It is entirely browser-based so you can access it on any device from smartphone to PC or Mac, using your Edge Hill log-in details.
We’ve spent the whole academic year so far getting the system ready and we aim to make it available to you in March.
Who goes there?
If you have a contract for either teaching and research or research only, you’ll be able to log in from March and:
- Build your person profile to showcase your expertise and contact information
- Generate and customise CVs based on your Pure content
- Seek approval in the system for external research funding applications (instead of completing a Green Card)
- Apply for internal research funding
- Create and track your project milestones
- Deposit your research outputs
- Record your research impact
- Record other activities, prizes and media work
Certain users will also:
- Be able to generate reports on research content in their department, area, faculty or REF unit of assessment on demand
- Have special ‘editor’ access (including some admin staff)
The Greatest Showcase
Pure comes with a searchable public web portal so, when you update your details in Pure, the world can see. This can help collaborators, funders, students, media organisations and others find and learn more about you and your research.
Would you like to know more?
We have a wiki page about Pure containing more information and details of demonstrations we’re running throughout February. Once we launch, practical training on the various features will be offered by the Research Office and Learning Services.
If you and your colleagues can’t make any of the demonstrations but would like a look at the system, please contact the Research Office on Pure@edgehill.ac.uk.