Thailand here i come : )

Soooo… as you may have already guessed, i have been accepted as a volunteer with VESL in Thailand.http://www.vesl.org

I am so happy I have been chosen to take part in this amazing challenge and i can’t wait to begin my adventure : ) I have be appointed to Thailand for 6 week leaving late July. My graduation is week commencing the 16th of July so i am guessing i will be leaving around the 25th.

As VESL are a UK charity you are asked to fund raise £900 towards the cost of your trip, this covers –

– hotel for the first night in Chiang Rai + accommodation with host during project
– transport to project (including internal flights)
– accommodation for the duration of the project
– food budget
– comprehensive travel and medical insurance including 24 emergency medical assistance line throughout project
– liabilities insurance to provide cover whilst working in schools
– backup and support from our local in-country co-ordinator / representative

I have lots of ideas to fund raise the costs and will be planning them over the next few months, it is all very exciting : )

This opportunity through Edge Hill  happens once in a life time, i am volunteering with a well known charity through the university which gives myself and my parents peace of mind as there are some company’s out there who ask for money upfront, who are not supportive, and most importantly safe. VESL have 24 hour back up service in case of emergency and i will be with a buddie (another EHU student) so i am excited to meet them : )

I am grateful to Edge Hill for this opportunity and i am going to make it my best adventure so far.

Bye for now!