What a week!

So, last week i had a very busy yet productive week.

I recently applied to become a volunteer over seas teaching English. It has always been a dream of mine to teach abroad and make a difference in any way i can.

The company  i registered with was through the university it is a registered charity called VESL http://www.vesl.org/. Through Edge Hill University they are recruiting volunteers for placements in Thailand, Sri Lanka and India. Volunteering abroad is an incredible way to stand out from the crowd it will enhance your future employment prospects and enable employers to see that you have developed the key skills whilst teaching English. Volunteering in any area can be useful when completing application forms and during job interviews to illustrate the skills you have developed through volunteering.

I had my interview Wednesday the 31st January, in which i had to bring a teaching object that would help me teach English over seas. I took in a junior world atlas as a visual aid as many of the children may be unable to speak any English at all, the atlas is very colourful and has lots of pictures. I used the atlas to describe  how i would show the children where about England is in the world, show them the English flag and pictures of England. Teaching English is not just about the language but it is about the country itself and giving children a small insight to England will help them to learn.

I am hoping to hear back from VESL sometime this week. I am very excited and hope the enthusiasm and drive i have for volunteering showed in my interview.

Wish me luck : )