Community

I was at my graduation a little over a week ago, and me and my family had a really great time. Don’t worry though, this isn’t going to be a post dedicated to that. Since you guys are still in the process of coming to Edge Hill, I know there are fewer things farther from your mind than that! So why mention it then? Well, because it reminded me of all the great things about the university. The day of celebration was like a small representation of the awesomeness I’ve been lucky enough to have been a part of over the three years, and I hope  you get to share in it soon too.

One thing I always look forward to at an Edge Hill event is the hospitality. They put on a great range of foodstuffs from sandwiches (better than the one in the picture!) to chicken skewers to doughnuts and much much more, almost making the catering better than the event! The staff at Edge Hill that help out at these functions are, as they are in any capacity at the university (tutors definitely included), extremely friendly and supportive and make you feel so welcome. That’s something you’ll feel the benefits of very soon when you go to the Freshers’ Fair, it really is a second-to-none experience at a second-to-none university.

Speaking of facilities, though, another thing I’m really missing about not still studying at Edge Hill is the way the facilities are so helpful to learning. Whether it be the numerous quality cafes around the place for a caffeine pick-me-up, or the great food bars around tempting you with a delicious and nutritious lunch, the overall feeling you get is one of freedom; having every option open to you whenever you want.

So the post has mainly centred around the catering facilities, yes, but it still goes to show what a lot Edge Hill has to offer you. All you need when you come here is get involved, check out some of these events (visiting authors are always a pleasure to go and see, maybe you’ll get your book signed while you’re there) and have one of the best experiences of your life.