Answers to the Ultimate Questions

I remember this time of year three years ago, when I was applying to my five universities through UCAS. I was as worried about choosing the right place to study as Wimbledon-watchers are about the rain. Still, unlike Andy Murray, I had a lot more success at the end of the process because, for me, Edge Hill is the top trophy. I’ve written a bit about why I went, but today I’m talking about how.

Some of you will probably already have had an experience of Edge Hill’s supportive nature and I hope you trust me when I say it will carry on being supportive all the way through you degree (even afterwards!). Once I’d made my uni choices, all sorts of letters from them, thanking me for applying and whatnot. Some of them included student union publications, which were mainly full of pictures of sweaty, over-hair gelled ravers, not exactly the best impression of a uni’s social scene! There was a lot of information, sometimes too much, but no-one ever answered all my questions.

Edge Hill, however, handled this side of the application process perfectly. They were very much like the third stage of the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. There wasn’t too little information, there wasn’t too much. It was just right. And they only contacted with relevant stuff. I remember how important a comfortable campus was for me, and the accomodation, facilities and entertainment information you get sent made it a no-brainer. Of course, now Edge Hill has The HUB building, which has made the campus even better than it was when I came, it’s a great focal point in a thriving environment.

Once you’ve been accepted you’ll also get information on what you’ll need to pack, any things you’ll need to sign up for and a whole load of amazing things you can do during Freshers’ Week. But, if this isn’t enough, why not get in touch? You can do that here http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/contactus, they’d love to hear from you! The uni really does do all it can to give you answers to the ultimate questions, so get involved and find out just how much fun you’ll have here.