More Newness!

One of the most exciting parts of this time of year is the starting of new things. I’m not talking about New Year’s resolutions (you’re a bit late if you haven’t already started them!). No, I’m talking about new modules. I have three new’uns this semester: Beyond English as my language module (analysing the aspects of languages across the globe) along with two new Creative Writing ones. There’s a poetry module, which is all well and good, but even more interesting than that is the ‘Writers’ Workshop’.

Due to the way my course breaks down (being half Creative writing, quarter Language and quarter Literature), I don’t get chance to do a dissertation. To some people, that could be a blessing, though I would like to try my hand. Instead of this, however, in Writers’ Workshop I get to do an extended piece. I’ve chosen to do an hour-long script, which is an awesome opportunity to hone my skills and will also give me something I can give to future employers so they can get a flavour of what my writing is like.

The times they are a changin’, and I love it!